Living it Up. At Phuket’s Movenpick Resort and Spa Karon Beach
The day starts clear and bright with a tinge of wetness in the air. My littoral hotel, the stunning tropically scenic Mövenpick Resort & Spa at Karon Beach adds just the right ambiance to Phuket’s wonderful weather.
Courtesy of #TATSriLanka and the Tourism Authority of Thailand, I am enjoying the luxury of the Penthouse Plunge Pool Villa, which has its own plunge pool, an outdoor rainforest shower and rooftop sundeck! This is the life! This resort also has 113 elegant villas, 223 superior rooms, well-stocked all inclusive contemporary residences, and family suites (to fit any sized family) to choose from.
My room had the most amazingly comfortable bed, and the biggest en-suite bath I have been to! Its loaded with branded amenities, slippers, bathrobes, soft towels, and so much more. And if you request for toys for your kids, they provide that too!
The garden is a veritable rainforest and is simply gorgeous. And kids can just run loose at the beautiful Play Zone that features indoor and outdoor sports activities, arts and crafts and a whole lot more.
Needless to say, the onsite Spa is amazing and has so many different treatment rooms, aesthetic charm and couple-friendly suites that leaves you feeling wonderful and completely rejuvenated! Ladies…swoon!
In fact, here are 10 reasons to stay at this location:
- Great beach location: Karon is the third longest beach in Phuket. It is safe, kids friendly, great for snorkeling and has a popular dive spot called Karon Pinnacle.
- Accommodation to fit your family size: Whether you are a family of four or six or even more, this resort hotel has the right room for you.
- Excellent leisure facilities: Three pools- a freeform pool with two basins for the kids, a waterslide, a pool bar, a snack bar, and even scuba diving lessons.
- So many dining options: Gourmets will appreciate the international dishes to be enjoyed at Karon Beach Square, a modern and well-thought-out dining plaza hosting no less than four restaurants and bars, located on the beach side of the resort. Another restaurant, set next to the lobby – Pacifica – serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, and the main and the Coconut Grove pools feature snack bars.
- Great kids play zone: This is by far, one of the most family-friendly resorts in Phuket. The Play Zone comprises three sections of activities, a DVD lounge, soft playground, games and toys and best of all, dedicated staff members who will babysit your kids while you enjoy your self.
- Rejuvenating Spa: The resort’s spa is a model of classic lines and offers some of the best treatments to be had on the island. The Sabai Stone Therapy and the Spa Royal Thai Experience are among the most recommended treatments performed in one of the four individual cabanas, or one of the three couples-friendly suites available.
- Excellent Thai hospitality: The service and the hospitality here is great. From check in to check out and everything in between is full of smiles, attentiveness, friendliness and great service.
- Shopping: The Karon Bazaar is a large, covered market-like shopping centre situated very close to the Movenpick Resort, some 350m south from Karon circle. Covering a 6,000sqm area, the bazaar features just about everything you’ll ever need (or not).
- Thai cooking classes: Thai cuisine is one of the most popular Asian foods and is well known around the world. Add a culinary edge to your Phuket holiday by joining Movenpick’s classic Thai cooking class. Learn to make your own Tom Yum soup, Green Curry, Phad Thai and Thai-style barbecued chicken in a friendly environment, taught by the experts.
- The buggy rides: I just loved the buggy rides! They are provided free to and from the room to the hotel’s lobby and I found every excuse to ride it! Check out this video taken on my buggy ride to the room.
For more information on this hotel, visit here
Thanks to #TATSriLanka for inviting me to Phuket and to the launch of Family Fun Thailand. My stay at Movenpick Resort and Spa Karon Beach in Phuket was complimentary. All opinions are, as always, my own.